Day 38... back to the Wilderness

'Inlet' is an Ed Nash painting that depicts this time perfectly
"... only 2 days left of my vow. Mixed emotions followed in the wake of that thought: relief that the struggle will soon be over and sadness that this time set aside for communing with God will end also. That feeling of being set apart has become precious."

Reading this today, from Cynthia Moe's Hunger Pains and I was drawn in. My own private journal says something to help overcome her same thoughts:

I don't want this time to end! The intimacy in this fast with the Lord right now is amazing, but that's all the more reason to beware of food -- or anything other than Him --  taking over my intimacy with God once this time does end... something other than Christ cannot be what drives me. It has to be His Spirit leading me and me listening to Him.

The ad I read on the flight home Day 36, Monday night, coming back to my cabin in the wilderness said: It's time to up your game.

After I spent a fun, yet restorative 4 days and 4 nights in Nashville, TN, God continued to remind me what He wants to do in this time. More on that trip, the people that God touched and the awesome things God did in my life and the lives of new and old friends I saw there coming soon...

This entire time away has been a beautiful picture of God fulfilling His Word He spoke on February 13, this year: Get away with me and you’ll recover your life.

But He wants to remind me, this is NOT a one-time event that happens only when I get some solitary confinement away for 40 days. Its something I GET to experience when I make Him first priority every day and live by the Spirit. Its time to up my game in the Spirit!

My time is short today... thank you for being a part of this journey with me.


Comments