Letting God Lead

God did something great today. Worship was amazing, but I heard the voice of the Lord encourage me to leave a little bit early.

As I was leaving, two of our students were outside the worship room.  I asked them why they weren’t with the children or the adults, but they really didn’t have an answer. So I gave them a choice. I asked each of them what they preferred, being with the adults or being with the children.

The younger boy said he wanted to be with the adults because his mom was in there, so I sent him back inside.

 The older boy said he would rather be with the children so I walked him down to the children’s room. He hesitated as we entered the door. At first I tried to force him to go in, but the Lord told me to stop. I listened to the Lord.

I saw this little boy with a new kind of compassion. He wasn’t just a child who needed to be controlled, he was a child of God just like me. I saw him as God saw him. A child who needed to be heard. Immediately a word of knowledge came to me from the Lord that he was having nightmares.

I asked him, “____, are you having nightmares?“  He looked at me, surprised, but relieved. “Yes.”  I explained, “The Lord told me just now,”

I pursued the Holy Spirit asking Him what to do next. He told me to ask this child of His what the nightmares were about.  The boy told me he had nightmares of his mom dying, everyone leaving him, and having no one in the world to take care of him.

I asked the Lord what to do next.   The Lord showed me a spot where we could stand or sit down on the pavement outside the children’s room and talk. He seemed so relieved. God had seen him. Giving me wisdom, the Lord showed what questions to ask.

“God said that He would never leave us or stop loving us, right? Do you remember this in the Bible?”  “Yes.”  “Do you believe God?”  “Yes.”

“If God said He would never leave us and you’re having a dream that you’re going to be left alone, do you think these nightmares are from God or from the enemy?”  “The enemy.”

“I agree with you, but we are human, right? So one day we will each have to die, right?”  “Yes.”

“One day your mom will have to die, right?  But we will have eternity with God if we know Jesus, right?”  “Yes.”

“God decides when it’s our time to meet Him for eternity, right?”  “Yes.”

“People get diseases like cancer or leprosy. Accidents happen, but does God cause those or are those diseases from the enemy?”  “The enemy.”

“I agree with you. God doesn’t give what He doesn’t have. God is good and He only gives good things, right?” “Yes.”

“So right now who would take care of you If your mom died?  I don’t want her to die, but IF she did, who could take care of you?” “My dad.”  “Where does he live?” “In the city.”

“Who else would take care of you?” He named his two older sisters.

“Anyone else?”  “I’m not sure…”  “How about…?”    I begin to name people in our school, teachers from our school, our principal and other people that have been caring for this little boy... he is one of our scholarship students who is facing some difficult times at home. Since possible abuse is speculated, he has been removed from the home.

“So we trust God, right?”  “Yes.”  “Let’s ask God to take away these nightmares, and bring His truth.”

We prayed for fear to leave, for the Holy Spirit to come and this little boy had an encounter with God.

“How do you feel?”  “Good.”

“You’re not going to have nightmares anymore. We’re going to hear only the Voice of the Lord, and we’re going to ask Him, what’s best right now.”

We repented of fear, for the lies to leave and for only the Voice of God to be heard.  Then I asked God what to do next. He said ask Him. God is so good to us that He makes it simple. I don’t have the answers. He does.

“We are going to ask God, because we know we can hear His voice. What does God think is best - to go with the adults or to go with the children?”

After we prayed, he was still for two or three minutes, then finally he raised his head.  I asked, “How do you feel?”  “I have a pain in my head. It hurts.”

I began to rebuke the pain, the lies and the confusion.

I asked him, “How do you feel now?”  He answered, “I feel better.” but there was still pain.

We prayed again. This time we rebuked fear and shame. He looked up again. “How do you feel now?”  “The pain is all gone!”

“And what did God say to you?”

His answer was priceless. I asked him if it was better to go to the adults or the children.  He said, “I heard His voice say It’s a good idea to go to the children because I can be with them and together we can learn more about Jesus.”

I asked him, “Do you believe that was God’s voice?” He said, nodding his head, “yes!”

“Do we trust God?” He said, “Yes.”

And I said, “I agree.  That was the voice of the Lord. So what should we do? Should I go into the children’s program?”

He said, “Yes”, stood up, took his shoes off and went inside. In the back of the room, one of the helpers had the boy sit next to him and began talking to him as the children were presenting what they had learned that morning during children’s church.

He was so peaceful.  At first he sat in the back of the room, but then moved forward.  I give him a Bible, and he was so content, happy to be in the room. Peace filled my heart.

Comments

Post a Comment