Kids healing kids...

Today was one of those days you want to write-off. As a teacher, learning how to teach ESL, sometimes you have one those days (or several). But its only a day! It does get better. 

When I was a kids, we used to play this game in elementary school called two (and four) square. It’s one of those games at recess where kids payed together, so there is really no official judge. Unless others are lined us to play next and right there watching, when things are ambiguous and you aren’t really sure if the ball is in our out, you get to call a do-over.  

That’s what I wanted today. A do-over. I couldn't tell if it was me or the kids that were off. In fact, in the middle of the chaotic day, after computer class, I stopped everyone. We talked about why we were leaving computers early (their favorite class). We talked about misbehaving, not listening and disobeying. One of the youngest girls even suggested we pray.

Great idea, thank You for speaking through her Holy Spirit!

So we started over, in our last hour, we prayed. Then had art class. Art was still chaotic, but all of our attitudes were better. And while we had prayed earlier, another one of our girls got healed in her elbow and shoulder. Amen.

So we went to lunch, another little girl told me she was having stomach problems. I asked her if she wanted prayer. She said, "yes." The little girl who was healed earlier in our class, since God had healed her, she can help pass it on (anoint) to this other girl.

She stood up, walked over to where the other little girl was sitting. The little 2nd grader prayed sincerely. Awesome! The girl we prayed for didn't get better instantly, so I prayed again. I then asked her how she was feeling.

Her eyes lit up, as she touched her stomach.

"It's all better. Its good. I'm better." She kept saying as she kept checking her stomach.

God loves us so much!

I  see the Holy Spirit heal almost everyday that I am at school. I don't think I should hold this to myself anymore. I'm getting a nudge that I need to share more of these stories...







Comments