Monday to Wednesday, Sweetness!

She was sitting at lunch with one of her best friends. Their faces were quiet. Their demeanor was solemn.

Beginning her art project Tuesday, still looking tired
Most Monday afternoons I am at our school. This was one of those Mondays.

One of my level 2 English students, called Sweetness, was sitting at first rotation waiting to eat lunch. She was so quiet, which is out of her character, so I asked her what had happened. Her BFF answered me (I know this from class as some of our vocabulary words on Tuesday and Thursdays are 'best' and 'friend').

"She is sick," her classmate shared with me.

I approached Sweetness, and asked her some of her symptoms, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. She leaned in and water began to well up in her eyes, telling me about the ache in her head and as I noticed her temperature, she felt listless.

I asked to pray for her and the three of us did, asking the headache and pressure to leave. Asking the sickness to obey the God of heaven whose will is to heal. We thanked Jesus, Jehovah Rafa, the healer for the work He was doing through the Holy Spirit in sweetness and called for the restored mind, body and cells from heaven to come and take the place of the unhealthy ones.

After we prayed she remained there in an embrace on the playground. I looked her in the eye and asked her how she was feeling. I asked her if she felt any better and she nodded her head, then a small smile formed on her face.

We took 3 deep breaths and when I asked her again if she noted any difference she said yes.

I asked, how much -- 10%, 50%, 90%. She smiled and said, "50%."

I said, "50% better is good, but this is the God of everything. So let's ask Him for 100%."

So we did.

The three of us. Again. There we were contending for heaven to come. In the middle of the playground. In the middle of a suburb of Chiang Mai, Thailand.

I know He understands us speaking a mixture of Thai and English. We all know God speaks every language.  Hello, He created them. After the Tower of Babel, right?!?

With two girls that come from Buddhist families, right there at the school the Lord showed up. By the time I left she was up to about 90%, but then Tuesday when she came to my class she was back to that same state as the pre-lunch demeanor. Headache, fever, and exhaustion.

She went to the nurses room this time, we still prayed and she took the morning off. She insisted on coming back to English class for Art and when she walked in all the kids took notice because we had prayed for her in our morning prayer time.

She was looking better, but still sat out most of our physical activity. She joined us for Art and after an hour, she even managed to help us celebrate our June birthdays and one of our month-long volunteer's last day.
 
Getting the cupcakes ready an hour later
After this, we thanked the Lord that she was better, but we were still praying and asking for complete healing. As she left Tuesday afternoon, we all prayed again.

When I saw her today, on Wednesday, after the first break, she had a big smile on her face.  I asked her how she was feeling and she said, "Hai leaw, khaa" (I'm all better.)

I got down on her level, looked her in the eye, and throwing my arm over her shoulder again, I asked what percentage. 90%? 99%?

She said, "100%. I'm all better. Praise God!"

There we prayed and thanked the Lord.

So its up to you, as you read this story? Either the Lord did heal her or she doesn't understand percentages or its coincidence. Since now she is in the 6th grade, and I saw it with my own eyes, I will lean on the first option.

Although most of our students are from a Buddhist backgrounds, they are experiencing God in radical life transforming ways. Both of the girls in this story come from Buddhist backgrounds and although they love the Lord, one of them, I am told, is forbidden by her family to go to church.

God can be found. A little girl can meet Him. She just has to know His name.

When I know Him, I am delighted in Him, His presence fills me and I want others to know and experience Him. They can, if I'll just introduce them. 

Comments