My Beloved Thailand, you were created to bring the Kingdom

My Beloved Thailand, you were created to bring the Kingdom... of God.


Where we glorify the Lord, receive the power of the Holy Spirit and follow Jesus, His kingdom reigns. It reigns in us, through us and around us.  Shine for He is worthy.



I fast on Fridays. There is a small army of us. The list is up to 91 people. It feels incredible and extremely difficult all at the same time. I go through this crazy range of emotions and thoughts on the days I fast.

This is some of the craziness last week as I wrote the fasting letter...

I'm writing this on #GoodFriday. It's both a joyful day, as our sins were taken to the cross. And both a terribly horrific day when our Savior, Brother, and Friend was the body that bore the punishment for our sins on that cross.

Friends, I cannot stop crying as I write this, but I also can’t figure out if they are tears of sorrow or joy. Today takes on a dual significance of mourning and hope.

Yes, we all know what happens on the 3rd day. #Resurrection! But today, is the day we set aside, in awe, for what Jesus had to sacrifice for us. Imagine if you had been one of the disciples at that crucifixion and you saw Jesus give us His spirit. What would you be feeling?


[I am really really mixed in my emotions right now… I'm curious if you are feeling it, too?]

I am trying to even imagine Jesus on that day. How was He feeling? Betrayed by His friend and disciple, Judas? Disappointed in His watchmen? Delighted, yet dreading that He took ‘the cup?’ Hurt by those that ridiculed him? Rejoicing that His suffering would give us eternity with the Father? Distraught because it would be the first time He was separated from His Father, a holy God?

What do you think?

You want to know what I think? I believe its called Good Friday because that’s what Jesus said when He was talking to His disciples. Documented in John 16:5-11 is a conversation about how its ‘good for the disciples’ that Jesus is “going away” and it will be good for Jesus as He gets to be ‘with the Father.’ And the prince of this world will be condemned by the testimony of the Holy Spirit about sin, righteousness and judgement which is very good news!

So how can it be Good to suffer? That because of the suffering that Jesus endured. We would have life, in abundance, in all its fullness. John 10:10. But there was a sacrifice that had to be made…. #excerpfromfridayfastingupdate 




If you wanna join us every Friday, we pray for the church in Pattaya, and education that transforms lives in Thailand. Write me and I'll get you on our weekly Friday fasting & prayer update.
#Thereispowerinprayer!

Comments