Today I woke up in Portland, OREGON (written 3 months ago, posted today!)



World shaker. Or maybe I can't sit still?!

I read this today in Strengthsfinders 2.0, by Tom Rath.

Achiever
Your Achiever theme helps explain your drive. Achiever describes a constant need for achievement. You feel as if every day starts at zero. By the end of the day you must achieve something tangible in order to feel good about yourself. And by “every day” you mean every single day—workdays, weekends, vacations. No matter how much you may feel you deserve a day of rest, if the day passes without some form of achievement, no matter how small, you will feel dissatisfied. You have an internal fire burning inside you. It pushes you to do more, to achieve more. After each accomplishment is reached, the fire dwindles for a moment, but very soon it rekindles itself, forcing you toward the next accomplishment. Your relentless need for achievement might not be logical. It might not even be focused. But it will always be with you. As an Achiever you must learn to live with this whisper of discontent. It does have its benefits. It brings you the energy you need to work long hours without burning out. It is the jolt you can always count on to get you started on new tasks, new challenges. It is the power supply that causes you to set the pace and define the levels of productivity for your work group. It is the theme that keeps you moving.


I'm an achiever, if you haven't guessed that by now.  I identified with what this comment in the book said.



Written back in November in 2013. While I was traveling all over the Northwest to try to find new supporters for the work I do in Thailand, I was learning to understand how God created me and how my gifts had been nurtered.

I am proud to say that I am excited about the gifts God has given me!

Where I am now, its helping me to set a pace for transformation in areas that have been stagnate for generations. Plus, as I learn to trust God more, believe His word and wait for Him, the anxiety goes down and the PEACE goes up.

That's when I am seeing God do incredible things, instead of me striving and failing in the process! I love You, Lord Jesus! Thank You that YOU are in control! 

Comments