Fire Breaks Out After Prayer

Some leaders at the Bridge were praying with a Church from Bangkok. The leaders are committing to help serve in Pattaya. At the Bridge Children's center on Tuesday. They sensed 'fire' and a few saw it in the Spirit. Then they were sitting at another location downtown when they received this news. There were NO INJURIES, but this had broken out just blocks where they were praying. It began in a shady area of town, in a shady building. 
 
We get what we pray for. 

Read John 15:7.

I was writing this in October of last year. I never posted it, but after reading it now, I knew it needed to be told. Prayer changes things.

NO one was injured in that fire. But a seedy building was burned. Pattaya is known for some really gross sin. I will believe in faith that the activity in that building was not good and needed to be closed. I pray for a honorable business to spring up there. We are promised joy from those ashes.

Now, I am am 12 hours from Pattaya. Its amazing to think I am in Chiang Mai now. But this Word is still true.

We get what we pray for.

I am in a NEW place now, seeing the hand of God move in NEW ways. I am on the administration team at The School of Promise. Helping with our textbook project and teacher training.

I get some really neat opportunities to share how amazing God is with these kids and our staff. Recently, we've been seeing the Lord do a lot at our little school. Today was a reminder of what He has been doing.

Two things.

Number One. One of my little students came up to me today after sports day with the visiting Grace International Schools Senior class (that's grade 12 for my Aussie/Canadian friends. And M. 6 for my Thai pals). These 17-18 year old were running the show. AND it was fun! 

But with fun sometimes come unavoidable accidental injuries. This was one of those. She came up to me and said

"Miss Brock-Devine, my foot hurts again." Pointing at her left foot. She had hurt it running on the field.

Then I remembered. We had prayed for her little foot with a few other kids from school and she has felt comfort almost immediately.

I sensed the Lord was going to do a supernatural healing over night. He had. I had forgotten to check back with her.

HE HAD DONE IT!

AMEN. She knew prayer worked.

So she was back again for more prayer. So we did pray. After a little while, it still hurt. The comfort didn't come immediately this time. That doesn't mean God isn't God and He won't heal this time.

So now what do we do? Knowing the Lord had healed earlier in the week, she came up requesting more prayer. So we did. And she began to feel some relief again, but we talked and even now its putting me to pray for her more. This gets me closer to God, too!



Number Two. I was reminded that I needed to humble myself and ASK for prayer, too. I had stomach cramps yesterday and instead of asking for prayer I went to the pharmacy across the street and bought some Ibuprofen to mask the pain. I had relief, but I sensed the Lord speaking to me. I didn't let anyone in to pray and neither did I.

When that little girl came to me for prayer this morning, she trusted God. Like a child would a parent.

John 15:7 says, "When we abide in Him and His word abides in us, we can ask anything in His name and it will be given."

The Word of God also says, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

So another chance for me to humble myself happened. Just before lunch, the cramps came back again while I was in the office. But THIS TIME, I looked around. The biggest doubter, the week before had been this woman. She had somehting specifc to me, asking what if Jesus doesn't want to heal. And I let her sit in her doubt, instead of asking her what parent wants to cause their child to be sick. That makes no sense. But to me it was also an attack on the Great Physicians character. BUT I had just let her be and prayed for a chance to show her God's character. 

Now I had my chance. I hesitiated for a few seconds and then realized I needed to over come that fear. I asked for prayer, but I was hurting more than ever now. By simply pointing at my stomach and making a scrunched face she got the message.

She asked, "Would you like me to pray for you?" 

"Yes, please."

She did. And within seconds the cramps were gone.

The excruciating pain had subsided, no Ibuprofen this time, only humility in asking, and the faith like a child of 2 believers who know their Daddy wants to heal.

This was a big day. I love seeing the hand of God move.

We get what we pray for.


Comments