A Little Story of Hope

An ancient battle

Thousands of years ago there was a battle fought whose outcome was determined by the prayer of the ones who did not fight, but who were called to lift their hands (Ex 17: 8-16). Victory was given by God, not because of valiant soldiers, excellent weapons, nourishing food and drink, or favoring weather, but because of the obedience of the ones who helped hold up Moses' hands during the struggle against the Amalekites. While He was in obedience to God to lift His hands, Moses became weary. “Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.”  His obedience was lifting his hands. The obedience of the ones who supported Him, was helping Him, (praying) when they saw Moses needed it! They helped him keep his hands held up and they won the battle!

Transformational time, facing rejection & selfishness

God has been doing amazing things since I have arrived at Perth, the Children at Risk school has been transformational for me.  It is a very critical time as we are nearly all the way through our lecture phase of the CRS. We have been covering subjects that have really helped me understand more fully the character of God. Situations have happened that really have allowed me to press into Him. I am also in a difficult time of facing my own pride, lack of purity of my heart, and prideful expectations of others--stemming from areas of rejection, of selfishness and lack of humility in my own life.
 
State of my heart

Wow, I am getting rocked in so many important areas of my character, but I sense the freedom. After I have come to grips with the reality of them I have to give them over to the only Person who can completely heal me. God has designed us for bigger things than wallowing in my own self-pity or watching others do the same. In fact, if I really stop to give thanks to the Lord for all He has done then I can see how much He loves me. Even in all of my failures! His grace is IMMENSE!

Yes, it has been quite the adventure...! How did this all begin, you ask?!?

Well, here is a small taste of what's been happening the last 5 years:

Three years in Argentina 

After I worked with the Southwestern Company for 13 years I have had the opportunity to go all over the world serving with a missions organization serving to give hope to children at risk. I was first in Argentina for 3 years. After attending a life changing 5-month course called Discipleship Training School with Youth With A Mission, I taught pre-school at the New Generation Elementary school for 2 years and volunteered in our tutoring and mercy ministry program on the YWAM Corrientes base. Then I staffed a DTS and was able to speak into the lives of people from 17 to 70 years old, and see them receive even more fullness of what they were created to be.

Three countries, one year

I then helped friends in Brazil, went to work at an art project in Beijing China during the 2008 Olympics--an incredible experience! I was home in the USA for a year where I finished my master's degree, prepared for long-term volunteering in Thailand, and substitute taught at the elementary schools in Pasco, Washington!

Preventing Trafficking in Thailand 

I have been in Thailand since November, 2009. I work with a project--also through YWAM, to prevent trafficking in the slums of Bangkok called Children's Resource Center. God has given me a vision to educate the children in the slums of Pattaya. Currently I am Perth, Australia training with a Children at Risk school and will be here until Oct/Nov 2010 to finish training.

It has been an amazing season. I have fought some amazing battles. Knowing all along that I can't do this alone, but now realizing that I need to ask for help along the way...Thank You for being a part of this amazing life-giving process!

Comments

  1. Girl thank you for your honesty about God's faithfulness in your life. You're stunning, inside and out, and your heart is incredibly beautiful!
    I love how you keep letting God do His thing in you. Loads of love!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment