OPEN LETTER to former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra


Dear Yingluck,

As I write this, it is May 7,  I have just read the news. I am not going to begin to say I understand what you are going through, but I want you to know that you are loved. I love you and I can tell you how desperately loved you are by your Creator. I want to tell you that I am sorry for the pain and the hurt. I am for you and want to offer this prayer of peace for you.

You are not loved because of what you do, but you are loved because of who you are, because of Who made you.

Father God, thank You for Your joy and Your love for Yingluck. Thank you, Jesus that, contrary to popular belief, You love all of us, but not one of us is your favorite. We all are! And this woman, that You created is, too. Jesus, I want to ask for Your love to cover her, so that she feels it in a tangible way.

Father God, I ask that Your hand of peace holds her. Holy Spirit, I pray that Your peace that passes all understanding guards her heart and her mind right now. That even in this strange feeling of transition out of the 2nd highest office in Thailand, that she can still rejoice and give all her anxieties to You, because You care for her.

Lord, there could be a possibility that she doesn’t know You, yet, but I know You know everything about her. Daddy, I pray that she will know You and Your tender loving care, that she will run into Your arms and meet You in an amazing way, and that even in this very difficult place she is in, she will know how loved she is, that You traded the life of Your son for hers. That she is more valuable than she can possibly imagine. That Jesus’ life and His love covers every shameful, hurtful, or wrong thing she and any of us have ever done. I pray that she can rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks even in this circumstance; for Your will for her is that she knows in Christ Jesus everything is covered.

That He took all the punishment and there is no more punishment. Father God, there are consequences on earth for our choices, but Jesus took the punishment. When we know that, receive that gift, she can take heart that You are not punishing her.

And Jesus, as I stand, on neither side of the political miscommunications in a fallen world with fallen people, Jesus, I stand for You. And I stand beside the beautiful woman, Yingluck, You created and intercede for her.

Daddy, I pray that You will protect, guard and speak to her and that she will know You for eternity. Daddy, You reminded us but this life is like a candle and burns for a season, yet, eternity is infinite and You are holding a place for us there forever. So You can enjoy us forever!

I pray that You give Yingluck and her family and all of Thailand the perspective that we don’t live for the world, we live for You, to bring You joy. We don't have to sacrifice anything, that Your life paid the ultimate sacrifice. You want our lives to be a living sacrifice to bring You the praise only You deserve. We don't have to give merit, ever again, because You gave the highest merit, with Your life, Jesus.

We don’t understand all that is happening, but Father God, the ALMIGHTY One we trust You and we worship You. I love my beautiful Thailand and her people and I know You love them even more.

Give us all Your compassion, Father. I pray for peace for Thailand, her people and for Yingluck in this very difficult time in Jesus’ ALMIGHTY name. AMEN 

You are loved more than you can possibly imagine.


Lovingly,  Amy Brock-Devine
Lover of Thailand, living and serving for God's glory in Chiang Mai


Comments