When you got it, you GOT it


This blog comes LIVE from Bangkok, Thailand at approx 2:20 a.m.--waking up from weird jet lag, still--just got in yesterday. (That thailand blog should come soon too) But first, as promised i need to share the Portland/Seattle trip. i'm titling this blog based on having God's favor, because there is no other way to explain the blessings of this quick 2 day trip before i headed to the 'land of smiles' to work indefinitely at fighting human trafficking and do what the Lord called us to do in Matthew 28 to disciple the nations. Look out Thailand...He is here!

So i left Tri-Cities, WA about 3:30p on Friday, fully intending on leaving after my last day subbing a 1/2 day, at noon, but when i didn't hear back from my sister, i figured i had a little more time...but as I drove away from the little big TC, leaving behind all my packing, moving out, organizing my life over the last year of being in the US and not having much of a plan in Portland, i began to question my decision to make this crazy quick 3 1/2 hour trip. My aunt and uncle were out of town, my sister had not called me back in 2 weeks, my step-sister and brother in law, coming from Seattle wouldn't be getting there until about 8p and i had just received a text that my other aunt's car had broken down so she couldn't make it...WHAT WAS I DOING DRIVING to PORTLAND AT ALL?!?!

well, i asked the Lord that same question and He just said, "Trust me."

I thought, "OK, but i still don't understand..."

"Have I ever let you down before?" He replied.

"Oh good point, " i thought, as i humbled myself in my seat a little more. So i kept driving.

as i approached p-land and i still had no more news, except that my step-sis and her fam hadn't left seattle until nearly 6p, so they wouldn't be getting to town until at least 9:30p and calling one of my best college friends and making pans for Saturday morning i still had 2 hours of complete and utter freedom, and my only sure plans were definitely delayed until 9:30p. so after calling a good friend and releasing my frustration about having 2 hrs to chill dilemma, i calmed down and realized that might not be such a dilemma.

i called my aunt to ask her to get on-line to get directions to the CreationFest Tour where B.Reith was going to be playing, (but he had gotten sick so i had decided to skip the concert) realizing Thousand Foot Krutch, Jars of Clay, Mark & Will from Audio Adrenaline, and few more bands would still be there.

as she gave me direction, "take 205 north" i had jsut passed the sign for 205 north, and then just as she said, "you should see exit 9" i crossed under the sign for exit 9! Then she said, "you will exit at Padden Parkway" i saud "no way! that's the exit for my sister's job..i can even see if she is still working and still make it to the concert...!" so i exited about 7 monutes later at Padden Pkway and went to see if she was working at her Starbuck's and YEP, saw her car--her bright yellow/green w/blue striped car--can't miss it! she was so surprised to see me and she got her break right as i got there. i got to show her the new video we had been workign n for the ministry and gave her a huge hug and invited her to eat dinner w/us after work. then i left for the church that was just minutes away and in a parking lot FULL of cars there was my spot. Just the 2nd closest from the front and available for me--talk about favor. All of this trip was all becoming perfectly purposeful in those few short minutes.

The rest of the trip was amazing, after gettting into the concert, after it was 1/3 over and knowing some of the people that take photgraphs, the guy in charge gave me a free pass--oh well, no B.Reith, but I got to see and meet Will & Mark from Audio Adrenaline.

Then had awesome dinner at Outback with my step-sis, her son, and hubby, my uncle, his son, Jazz, and my sister joined us--it was awesome! Then we found an awesomely HUGE hotel by the Vancouver mall, had an incredible breakfast, met firends from Japan I hand't seen in 4 yrs, met my aunt off the Kelso exit w/enough time to give her a few gifts and a hug, then got to Seattle at 2:45p for the Good-bye party that started at 3pm...hung with amazing friends!!!
After the party...
I headed to Enumclaw to see best buddies Ron & Jess and their 7-mnth old twins, by the time i had gotten there one was sleeping...but i got to see the new house and talk about the 'joys' and 'trials' of parenting and pray for my friends...

The Snoqualmie pass was horrible on the way home, cars were spinning out of control, there wer eople stuck, others outting chanins on, but that 'favor' kicked in, and while i still went slow, i didn't even slip once... AND i made it home by 1:30a for church on Sunday 9a & 11a where they had a special send-off and interviewed me before they prayed for me. Then went home with LOTS of help and packed my room up, got my two bags in order and jumped on the plane Monday at 12:40 pm! This is Marcia and Nate saying good-bye, and giving me their love!

Comments