Kids Camp--Amazing week!



Getting behind in this blogging business...Its the end of June-ish. June 28th to be exact. I know that because I just caught up in my one-year Bible. I had missed a few days after finishing staffing at a Kids' Camp in Washington this Friday.


I am not sure how I feel about being home. I definitely miss the Bethel Staff that I got a chance to work with and really the kids, their hugs, innocence and being there for them. Most of these kids have faced a lot--moving around from house to house or from place to place. They are all foster kids, and although the camp is really intended that they get a chance to be blessed, they REALLY blessed us. The whole experience is for the camper.

Their situation happens more often than any of us want to believe. Each year, over 3 million American children are reported as abused... physically attacked, emotionally damaged, sexually molested, or severely neglected - often by the people they have loved and trusted most.

It is for children like this that they created these camps.

In the USA, most Social Services departments refer children to faith based camps when two criteria are met; namely, that no child is coerced to accept any particular religion, and that the foster placement program, foster parents or other caretakers are given a voluntary choice. Our Camps meet these two criteria.

Comments