His Kingdom come

Today i got to share the Kingdom. 
i was on duty in the TSOP lunchroom when a disagreement broke out between a 5th grader and a 6th grader. Another teacher helped give an initial assessment on the situation. 
Then Holy Spirit gave me more insight. This was important.
After initial discussions, mostly listening and asking a few questions, we got to the bottom of the tears. i implemented a conflict resolution strategy; i call it the Peace Chair. It was taught to us at a teachers' workshop last December by Marcie and Jacob Cantleberry, its often referred to as the Peace Table. With teacher intervention, initially, a Peace Table can also be used by the children independently to encourage conflict resolution through peaceful and respectful communication and "I feel" statements. Asking any child to express their emotions is challenging, but especially a Thai child where culturally emotions are suppressed to "save face." 

When used for conflict resolution, our Peace Chair encourages children to talk about what’s on their mind and gives them a specific place and method to achieve a mutual solution.

So off I went, asking a teacher's assistant to help keep peace until I returned, I went to my room, got the notes (but not the chair!) and gave these guidelines:

เก้าอี้ สันติสุข -- Peace Chair “I can learn how and when to resolve conflicts”

Rules:
Listen without interrupting
Find out what you both need
List ways to solve the problem
Choose the idea you both like

Student 1: “I don’t like it when someone _____. I feel ____.
Student 2: “I hear you say ____. How can I fix it?”
Student 1: “I want you to ____.”
Student 2: “I will____.”

เก้าอี้ สันติสุข” ฉันเรียนรู้ ทำอย่างไร และ เมื่อไร ที่จะแก้ปัญหา”

กฏ:
ไม่รบกวนเวลาฟัง
หาความต้องการของ สองคน
หาทางแก้ปัญหา
เลือกวิธีการที่สองคนชอบ

การสนทนา
นักเรียน 1 : ฉันไม่ชอบ เวลาใคร.............. ฉันรู้สึก ...........
นักเรียน 2 : ฉันได้ยิน คุณ พูด ............. จะแก้ปัญหาอย่างไร
นักเรียน 1: ฉันอยากให้คุณ .................
นักเรียน 2: ฉันจะ .......................

It was so beautiful to watch the yelling conversation and tears move to an honoring conversation and a time of asking forgiveness in the end.

i have the most amazing life in the world. i have been given the ministry of reconciliation. i have the freedom to choose my responses. No one can make me mad. Nobody can make me cry. No outside person can determine my emotions or my responses. i am free. And if I live in that freedom, no matter the person's response in front of me, i will also empower others to be free. 
i can teach children how to live in that same freedom. When we know who we are, all of life changes. Mine has. i pray you are allowing the Father's love for you to change yours. 
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17 
เพราะ​อาณา​จักร​ของ​พระเจ้า ไม่​ได้​เป็น​เรื่อง​ของ​อาหาร​และ​เครื่อง​ดื่ม แต่​เป็น​เรื่อง​ของ​การ​ทำ​ตามใจ​พระเจ้า เรื่อง​สันติสุข และ​เรื่อง​ความ​ชื่นชม​ยินดี​ที่​มา​จาก​พระ​วิญญาณ​บริสุทธิ์ โรม 14:17

 

 #HISchild #9monthsold #freefromme #unoffendable #Beapeacemaker #changingtheworldonepersonatatime #startingwithme #makingabd #makingaBIGdifference

Comments