New Season: great ppl & gorgeous places, but transition is hard


These crazy dogs HOWL at about midnight every night. Then each hour or so, after that, they continue just outside my window at my new house in Phitsanulok, and although its a little annoying, its helping me stay awake to write a quick update AS SO much is happening!

So here's a quick list:

Route 12 -- Phitsanulok to Phetchabun, Northern Thailand
At Khao Kho,  ATVing!
Phitsanulok Cultural Center & My Room 
  1. I moved. (You probably gathered that from the last paragraph!) Its the beginning of October and I now live between Phitsanulok, in the Central North of Thailand 3 to 4 days/week, then travel to Chiang Mai for 3 to 4 days a week. 
  2. I am out of Bangkok for awhile, with my ARK team, for a season to get some new ideas with counselors on working through some problems I have had -- mind you I have a LOT to work on but Praise the Lord for GRACE, and even when this is fixed, I'll still be broken in many other areas! Gotta take the broken with the whole, eh?!? AND as far as counseling, I love it, really... I know it sounds weird, but its true. The insight I am getting is amazing! 
  3. I had an amazing holiday end of August through September, combined with some training, going to over 12 cities in Thailand: Koh Chang, Bangkok (downtown), Pattaya, Phitsanulok, Korat (Nakhon Ratchasimaa), Khao Yai, Buriram, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Khampaeng Phet, Mae Sai, Chiang Rai, Doi Saket & Mae Ta Krai, Ratchaburi & Suan Peung, plus Khao Kho -- both of which are called the Switzerland of Thailand! Plus traveling let's me put my gifts out there of networking & making new friends; sharing Jesus & giving away Isaan music to people I hope to one day see in heaven; eating amazing new food (ask me about Laarb in Buriram);  learning about missions & falling in Love again with where I am called to be; and tons more! 
  4. I am (learning how) to REST, although if you look at Facebook, it doesn't look like it! I have gone ATVing the mountains twice in the last 2 weeks! But I do have some down time, and it is giving me a chance to downloads pictures from incredible events over the last 6 months and reflecting on the amazing things that God has done here in Thailand in the last 3 years
  5. Kaeng Song Waterfall
  6. As the season is looking different from the normal responsibilities in BKK, the NEW PROJECTS we are getting ready for deal with the new doors opening for the Education project (Lighthouse Schools, school on a mat, in BKK and Pattaya!) is making progress! Will keep you posted on that! 
Quiet time at Mae Ta Krai, North of Chiang Mai


So that's a little for now, think the howling has stopped for now... I look forward to sharing more soon!




Comments

  1. Amy this sounds GREAT!!! I am sooo happy to hear how you are doing and how the Lord is leading you into this new season. He knows exactly what we need in order to use us how he wants. You are such a blessing and HIS love and passion for you is beautiful to see unfold in your life. God bless You, heal you, reveal Himself, and continuously glorify himself in and through you. Many Thanks for sharing....Big Hug and love in Jesus! Doris<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment