Graduation News & a link to GIVE through PayPal...

The "Make a Face" Picture from my Module 2 Thai Class
I am so excited to share good news! I just graduated from Module 2 at Unity Thai Language School in Bangkok. We had an awesome lunch at this Mexican restaurant, Sunrise Tacos, next to the Time Square Building, where our school is located. Many of my classmates had never had Mexican food, including our teacher--although she said she had tried to make a burrito once with little success! Even more exciting was what happened as lunch was wrapping up.

My teacher, Ganok Gon, looked over at me and pointed to my wrist and asked, "Nii mii kwammai mai kha?" (In Thai 'Does this have any meaning?')  I pointed at the bracelet we had made in our Activity Time with the kids in the slums we work with every Wednesday and replied, "Soi muu, mai kha?"(In Thai, 'The bracelet?') She said, "Kha." (Thai: 'Yes.') I secretly got so excited and nervous at the same time... How was I going to explain the five-colored bracelet we had made with kids in the slums in THAI?!??!? The bracelet tells the story of Jesus life, and I had done it a few weeks earlier, when we made the bracelets, but THEN I had a TRANSLATOR!!!


I stumbled through, explaining the yellow, grey/black, red, clear/white, and green beads each one-by-one. In as many Thai words as I could put together to the BEST of my 2 1/2 months of Thai language ability and I think SOMEHOW THEY GOT IT! With 3 of the 7 people that heard the story not knowing much about Jesus or who He was, it was an honor to share the story of His life (Thai: 'Ruan raw deo gap Pra-Yesu')!

Here's a little poem I found online that just might help explain:

 I have a little bracelet,
 I keep it in my sight;
 For hidden in its colored beads
 Is a great delight.
 
 Each color holds a piece, you see,
 Of a story dear and true;
 And because I love the story so,
 I'm sharing it with you!
 
 GOLD is for the precious gold
 With which the streets are paved,
 In Heaven above, where all will go,
 If sure they have been saved.
 
 But saved from what, you may well ask,
 That too, my colors tell;
 BLACK is for our stain of sin,
 For which we merit Hell.
 
 But with the next bright color comes
 A message that brings joy.
 RED, the blood of Christ, was shed,
 For every girl and boy!
 
 His blood will cover all our sins,
 And wash us WHITE as snow;
 If we will just have faith in Him,
 And that, we all should know.

 Last of all, we come to GREEN,
 The color of things growing,
 As each of us shall grow in Christ,
 His glory overflowing.
 
 Now you know the gospel truth
 My bracelet's here to share,
 About the Christ who died for us,
 Our sin and shame to bare.
 
 And if you want to hear some more,
 The story more complete,
 Ask the one who shared with you
 For telling it's a treat!


Thanks for reading this blog and I'm excited to share that next month, April, I will be leaving for Australia (prayerfully!) for 6-8 months to attend to training schools:  School of Frontier Missions and the Children at Risk School.

Some of our topics will be be taught by teahers from all over the world:

SoFM: Biblical Basis of Missions
Team Dynamics
Church Planting
Cross Culture
Mission Strategies

CaRcSchool: Introduction to children at risk
Child development
God's heart for justice and children
Child counseling
Evangelism/creativity
Health care
Discovering your potential
HIV/AIDS
Restoration of a generation
Biblical view of families

 With new challenges also comes new responsibilites, I am feeling like I am finally getting settled in here with my team and the culture in Thailand and now I leave this for new adjustment! I just want to ask for prayer and for you to prayerfully consider giving. We are all here on support-basis, volunteering, but I believe this is where I am truly called to be doing and where I should be right now... 

(Support sent directly to Youth With A Mission, Accounting Dept, P.O. Box 3000, Garden Valley, TX 75771, with a note attached that it is for me, is tax-deductible. Finances cover the costs of the schools~approximately $3,500 each, daily living and travel expenses. If you would like a copy of my budget, please do not hesitate to let me know!)

Only By God's Grace,

Amy


You my also link on PayPal below and give directly to me: 






 


Comments